From Monday 2nd November, the Arbor Guardian app will be going live. Please see the attached leaflet for information on how to access it.
Your child’s school has chosen Arbor as their MIS provider. An MIS is a system that helps schools collect, store, manage and use all the
information they need. Arbor is a simple, smart and cloud-based MIS, meaning the data isn’t physically stored in school, making Arbor super
secure as computer theft or damage at the school would not lead to data loss or a data breach. It also means you can log into Arbor to see and
update your child’s information or make payments and bookings yourself!
Arbor was founded in 2011 by a small group of people on a mission to create a simple, smart MIS system that would help schools learn from their
data to save teachers time and ultimately improve student outcomes.
How can parents use Arbor?
Here’s how you can use Arbor:
● Log into Parent Portal for Google Chrome on computers or laptops
● Download the Arbor App from the App Store or Google Play Store then log in on your phone (For Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and upwards)
● Your school can then send you In-app messages. Your school can also send you emails, letters or SMS from their Arbor system.
How to get started
Wait for the email from your school telling you that Arbor is ready for you to use
2. Click the link in your welcome email to set up your password
3. Go to the App or Google Play Store on your phone and search for ‘Arbor’
4. Click ‘Install’ on Android or ‘Get’ on iPhone then open the App
5. Enter your email, select the school, then enter your password
6. Accept the Terms & Conditions and enter the birthday of your child
Need help using Arbor?
To safeguard student data in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we only work directly with schools.
Contact your child’s school if you have any questions about Arbor, the Arbor App or Parent Portal. The school will be able to help answer your
questions. If not, they will contact our Support Team for assistance. Let them know the type and model of your phone, e.g. an iPhone SE, and
include screenshots or screen recordings of what you are experiencing.
Some tips to try:
● Ensure your username is the email address you use for Arbor. Ask your school to check the email address linked to your account.
● Reset your password from the login page, or ask your school to.
● If the login email was sent to you more than 96 hours ago, the password link will have expired. Ask your school to send it again.
● Ask the school’s administrative staff to check that your email address has not been used twice – e.g. on another guardian or child’s profile.
● Enter the birthday of one of your children to log in for the first time.
● Only relatives who are Primary Guardians of a child can access the Arbor App. Ask your school to check if you can access Arbor.