31st December 2020
Dear Parent or Carer
The government yesterday afternoon changed its guidance regarding the start of term in January and has advised that secondary schools and colleges in England should not fully re-open to all students and staff following the Christmas holidays until Monday 18th January 2021.
The arrangements below will now apply:
From Tuesday 5th January 2021 until Friday 8th January 2021:
- only the children of key workers and those who are deemed vulnerable should attend the school in person – all eligible parents will be contacted on Monday 4th January to confirm intended attendance
- all other students will access remote learning as described below
- any students due to sit vocational or technical exams should attend the academy at the time of their scheduled exam only; this does not include Year 11 Pre-Public Examinations which will commence one week later than planned.
From Monday 11th January 2021 until Friday 15th January 2021:
- students in exam groups (Year 11) should attend the academy in person, along with the children of key workers and vulnerable children
- all other students will access remote learning as described below.
Unless guidance changes again in the meantime, we will reopen to all students in person on Monday 18th January 2021.
Remote learning will be available again from Tuesday 5th January using our Microsoft Teams platform. There will be a blended approach to live lessons taught via video link by your child’s usual teacher and also a package of recorded lessons with support materials to enable more independent study. The timetable for
live lessons will be issued to all parents on Monday 4th January.
We appreciate that this change is short notice and may inconvenience you, but it is essential that we closely follow all government guidance on COVID-19 in order to safeguard our students, staff and wider school community.
Ninestiles, An Academy