Be the best version of yourself’
A message from Miss Oliver, Assistant Principal for Key Stage 4
I am extremely excited for you to join KS4 next Academic year.
KS4 is the final chapter of every student’s journey at Ninestiles and will provide the best foundations for you to achieve your aspirations at KS4 and beyond. At times it will feel difficult but you will get there, all you need is hard work, commitment and respect in order to achieve your goals and become the best version of yourself.
As Assistant Principal for KS4 I along with your tutor and teachers will give you high quality support and guidance that will enable you to move onto the next stage of your life and develop the necessary skills and qualities to become your best version. This support will look like; mentoring, interventions, careers interviews, application guidance, grade feedback, wellbeing check- ins and character development. We will guide you to understand how the school’s core values of respect, commitment and achievement really are the key to success. Ultimately, we want you to be happy and to make a positive contribution to the world.
You have talents and abilities that are unique to you. You have something to offer to this world, something that cannot be taken away, or added to. Please remember that and embrace all the opportunities that have been prepared for you this year, including enrichment and intervention.
What can you do to make sure you become the best version of yourself in preparation for Year 10?
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with your peers, teachers and the wider community.
- Role model our Core Values and high expectations to your younger peers.
- Learn well and take ownership of your learning, fostering learning habits that support achievement.
- Understand what you are expected to learn and extend your learning through the use of Knowledge Organisers, Revision Guides, Hegarty Maths, GCSEPOD and Enrichment.
- Understand the importance of key British values (democracy, individual liberty, rule of law, respect and tolerance) in your everyday life.
- Produce high quality work that demonstrates a high level of commitment to your learning.
- Further develop your love of reading and extend your wider vocabulary so that you can express your ideas clearly.
- Become a resilient learner who is able to cope with failure and learn from it.
- Have high aspirations and have a clear plan in place for progression into KS4 and beyond.
- Be happy, engaged, enjoy learning and be proud to attend Ninestiles, An Academy.
Sometimes, we need to make a big change in order to unleash the best version of ourselves. That could be 100% Attendance for this academic year, achieving all homework deadlines, attending enrichment and intervention sessions, no consequences during the full school day, completing revision at home and showing respect to everyone you come into contact with. You don’t just happen to stumble upon the best version or yourself. You need to show up, start at the beginning and take lots of small steps in order to become what you envision.
Always remember that I along with all members of staff are here to support and offer guidance, nothing is ever too small so please ask.
‘Some people dream of accomplishing great things. Others stay awake and make it happen’