The Governing Body’s Role
Local Governing Body
Our Local Governing Body play an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for academies.
The Local Governing Body works with our academy to:
- Ensure the academy operates within the mission and ethos of our trust and contributing to our trust’s key strategic priorities
- Monitor the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safeguarding, within the academy and progress against the academy improvement plan
- Hold academy leaders to account for improvement of standards in the academy
- Engage with wider academy activities as a means of monitoring overall quality
- Ensure compliance with our Trust’s policy for safeguarding and that our academy maintains a ‘culture of vigilance in respect of all safeguarding matters‘
- Engage with learners, staff members, parents and carers and our Trust community to understand their views.
For further details on the governance and statutory information about Summit Learning Trust, please click the button below.
Meet our Local Governing Body
Chair of Governors
Vice Chair / Behaviour, Attitudes and Personal Development, incl. Diversity and Inclusion Link
Trust Governor / SEND Link
Trust Governor / Safegaurding Link
Parent Governor / Careers Link